Woodstock’s water treatment plant is staffed by five full time water treatment plant operators who have achieved the highest level of license issued by the State of Virginia.
Some of the projects that the water plant staff is currently working on include:
- Additional source water options and locations
- A stand-by power generation system
- Increased finished water production
- Bio-solids management and disposal program
- A recycling project that will utilize blending process waters into raw source water to reclaim water that has already been treated and then recycled back to the head works of the plant for further beneficial use rather than waste
- Filter media replacement
- Controls modernization
All operators routinely attend seminars and classes to stay informed on the latest developments in the field of water treatment technology.
The town’s water source is the North Fork of the Shenandoah River and facility staff continues their ongoing efforts to preserve and protect source water quality.