Parks & Pool
W.O. Riley Park
W.O. Riley Park is located at 540 Park Avenue and has the following amenities:
- Basketball Court
- Batting Cage
- Gazebo and Bench Seating Areas
- Jean Minton Fogle Nature Sanctuary
- Park Event Shelters
- Safari Club Arboretum
- Soccer Field
- Tennis Courts
- W.O. Riley Park Pool Facility
- Event Space & Covered Stage
Pool Hours & Rate Information
COVID-19 Phase III Schedule:
Beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020, the Town Pool will transition operations from lap-swimming only to general recreational swimming. The number of patrons limitations enacted during Phase II will be removed. A summary of pool hours, swimming lessons and more can be found in the Town’s Pool Brochure.
COVID-19 Phase II Schedule:
Beginning Friday, June 5, 2020, the Town pool will be open only for lap swimming. A maximum of three patrons will be permitted per swimming lane (first-come, first served, no reservations) and social distancing is required at all times. Due to the Governor’s public health restrictions, general recreational swimming is not permitted at this time. We’re optimistic that we will be able to offer broader services in future phases of the Governor’s reopening schedule.
Please be sure to check back on this page for the most up to date information, as the pool hours and operations may change through the summer with changes to the Governor’s Forward Virginia public health restrictions.
- Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm; Sunday: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- The pool opens at 12:00pm on Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Due to the Phase II coronavirus restrictions, the pool has a limited opening only for lap swimming with a maximum of three patrons per swimming lane.
- The pool will remain open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day (Monday, September 7).
- The pool will have regular operating hours on July 4 (11:00 am - 7:00 pm).
- When the school year begins on Tuesday, August 4, the pool will only be open during the week after school from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm and on the weekends (regular weekend hours)
- During the week of the Shenandoah County Fair (August 28 - September 5), the pool will be open from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Saturday, and 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm on Sunday.
- Following the end of the County Fair, the Labor Day weekend pool hours will be 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm, Sunday September 6, and 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, Monday September 7.
- Lap Swim: Wednesday & Friday Morning, 7:30 - 9:00 am; Sunday 8:30 - 10:00 am
- Lap swim begins on Wednesday, June 10, 2020
- Open to all experience levels
- $5.00 per entry for those who do not have a season pass
- Attendance is limited to one person per swimming lane (6 lanes total)
Daily Admission rates are as follows:
- Preschool (age 5 and under accompanied by an adult): $3
- School age (6-18 years of age): $4
- Adult (19 and over): $5
Season passes for the 2020 Pool Season are available to those individuals who frequent the pool! Please see more information about season passes for In-Town Residents (PDF) and Out-of-Town Residents (PDF).
Until the Governor’s public health restrictions associated with Phase II are lifted, private pool rentals and rentals of the small covered shelter will not be permitted. We hope to be able to offer this opportunity in the future.
2020 - Summer Season Swimming Lessons Registration: Swimming lesson registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis at the Woodstock pool during operating hours.
Cost per student: $40 (Woodstock Resident)/$50 (Non-Resident)
Lesson Schedule: The swimming lesson schedule can be found in the Pool Brochure. Signups are conducted at the Town Pool on a first-come, first-served basis.
W.O. Riley Park Shelter Rentals
The Rotary Shelter and Ruritan Shelter are available to rent for the following times:
- 10:00 am to 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm to dusk: $25
- 10 am to dusk: $50
Please fill out the Park Shelter Reservation Form (PDF) and contact the Municipal Office as soon as possible to reserve a shelter for your event!
W.O. Riley Park Event Space & Stage Rental
W.O. Riley Park boasts a beautiful space to hold your wedding, play, fashion show, or other special event - the possibilities abound! You can rent the space for $100, from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm, or 4:00 pm to dusk.
W.O. Riley Park Revitalization Project
W.O. Riley Park was recently renovated (2014), featuring a great new playground (natural play area, outdoor "kid kitchen", slides, swings, climbing equipment, and more!), new restrooms, and a new event space. Come and check us out!!
Riverview Park is located at 326 French Woods Road and is home to two little league fields. There are two wooded trails that you can visit, with one overlooking the Shenandoah River. Some people have reported bald eagle sitings from this location.
Veterans Memorial Park
The Veterans Memorial Park is a mini park that is located on the corner of East High Street and South Main Street as a tribute to our veterans. Rest on a bench and enjoy the surrounding perennials and small trees.
Indian Spring Wetland
Indian Spring Wetland is located at 764 South Water Street. It is a special environmental area where citizens and visitors can quietly reflect on their thoughts from the observation deck and learn from the interpretive signage. Indian Spring Wetland is a community educational project, led by the Tree Board, with a master design that continues to evolve.
Find more information on the Indian Spring Wetland, including a fact sheet, teacher’s guide, observation area, and concept plan.
Fairview Park is located on West North Street, next to I-81. There are 73.2 acres of land that are reserved for future recreational facilities and environmental areas. The Fairview Park Master Plan Steering Committee and Design Team created a master plan that was approved by the Town Council in 2008. Check out the Fairview Park Master Plan!
Fairview Dog Park
Fairview Dog Park was created in 2017 to provide a location for our furry friends and their owners. The park was an in-house design-build project that included a generous donation from the Woodstock Rotary for the park shelter. The park is located inside of the larger Fairview Park tract, at 716 West North Street. Dog Park rules include: - Use at your own risk; you are liable for your dog.
- Please use the play area that is appropriate for your dog’s size/level.
- Please dispose of your dog’s waste.
- Maximum 3 dogs per person.
- Dogs aged 6 months and older are allowed to ensure their safety.
- All dogs must have appropriate vaccines and dog tags.
- Dogs who bark incessantly or are aggressive shall be removed immediately.
- Dogs and owners creating a problem must leave when requested.
- Owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by their dogs.
- Children must be closely supervised at all times.
- Animal and human food are not permitted; training treats are permitted.
- Parks hours are from dawn to dusk.
- Never leave a dog unattended.
- No dogs in heat.
- Owners/handlers are responsible for filling holes dug by their dog.
- Professional dog training is not allowed without prior Town approval.
- The dog park will be closed during cross country events.